Applied Finance- BSc
For Enterprise QueryEnquiry Now
Our specialised BSc (Econ) in Applied Finance programme combines the academic rigour of Queen Mary’s academic excellence with the achievement of industry-recognised professional qualifications and work experience within partner organisations.
Designed to build diversity in the financial profession, this programme will support you to develop the skills necessary to become a highly competent professional who excels in the financial sector.
With a specially designed curriculum, the programme will take a block teaching approach which is strongly supported with online independent learning activities and workplace learning. In particular, the block-teaching approach for the on-campus teaching enables apprentices to have uninterrupted periods on the trading floor outside of the on-campus periods, which is essential for their understanding of how financial markets operate.
Apprentices will develop deep understanding of:
- The structure of the Financial Services industry and in particular the role their part of the sector and organisation plays; the purpose of the function in which they work and how their function relates to the wider business
- The relevant Financial Services legal and regulatory framework and ethics, and the purpose behind them
- The relevant Financial Services products and services and a broad understanding of the organisation’s policies and procedures
- Proficiency in relevant IT skills, and organisation and Financial Services specific software/systems, as required to deliver the role outcomes
The BSc (Econ) Applied Finance and Level 6 Financial Services Professional programme is designed as a natural progression from the two-year CertHE in Applied Finance and Level 4 Investment Operations Specialist apprenticeship programme.
How to Apply
You apply for degree apprenticeships either through the National Apprenticeship Service or via the employer’s own website, rather than through UCAS.
At present, Goldman Sachs is our sole employer partner for this programme. You can apply directly via the link below:
- Goldman Sachs – Apply here